In the first part of this series we looked at What’s New in Management Reporter 2012 .While Management Reporter is well on its way to being a solid FRx replacement we find that many companies want more than what Management Reporter can currently deliver. This is particularly true with companies looking for integrated planning, budgeting and reporting solutions. In those cases, we’ve found that deFacto’s corporate performance management solution is a great option.
deFacto provides a complete solution for financial and managerial reporting, budgeting and planning with some key differentiators from Management Reporter including :
· Data Management – deFacto uses a data warehouse and SQL Server Analysis Services to reduce the load on the Dynamics GP server and improve reporting performance.
- Microsoft Excel – The reporting interface is Microsoft Excel. The data is stored in the data warehouse providing complete control to administrators but Microsoft Excel is used to manage the layout, look and feel of reports giving users powerful and familiar tools for reporting. I had more thoughts on Excel as a reporting interface in a recent MSDynamicsWorld article.
- Excel Budgeting – Excel is also used as the interface for budget creation. The budget is ultimately uploaded to the database and the budget process is controlled via security work flow to ensure proper approvals. This method provides the power of Excel for budget creation with the controls necessary proper budgeting.
- Drill Back – Reports can drill back to GL detail, budget detail and all the way into budget assumptions.
- Charts – While Management Reporter provides line item charts, deFacto uses the full power of Excel’s chart engine to help clarify reporting.
- Report Book – deFacto provides the ability to combine reports into package suitable for board reporting, lender reporting or combined report needs.
Management Reporter 2012 is a solid reporting solution for Dynamics GP but when firms reach a certain size and complexity they often find a need for something more. More often than not, deFacto is the right solution for those firms.
Register now for our BI Shootout Webinar: Management Reporter vs. CPM from deFacto held on July 24th.